Office Location Map
Opening Hours: Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri 9am-12.30pm then re-open 2pm-5pm. Thurs 2-5pm


User Rating: 3 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Please use the links below to jump to the different sections on this page

Your Rent

It is your responsibility to make sure your rent gets paid and you do not get into rent arrears.

Even if you receive Housing Benefit you are still responsible to make sure that your rent is paid every week. If you are entitled to Housing Benefit it is your responsibility to make sure your claim is submitted to Liverpool City Council.

You are responsible for any rent arrears that occur due to problems with your Housing Benefit claim.

Please be reminded that rent collected is used by the Association to provide a good quality service and to maintain your home to a high standard.

Ways to pay your rent

We try to make it easy for you to pay your rent by providing a number of payment methods you can use:

Allpay Online
To pay via the Allpay website you will need the 19 digit Rent Payment Card number (displayed across the middle of your card).   Visit online at AllPay Online. You can also make one off payments over the phone via CallPay by calling our Office on 01517344933

Post Office or Paypoint Outlet
Payments can be made wherever you see the PayPoint sign at your local shop, newsagent or petrol station. You can also use your card at any Post Office.

Direct Debit
You can set up a Direct Debit by calling 0151 734 4933 or calling into the office.

Call 0844 557 8321 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to pay via an automated telephone line using your debit or credit card.

Allpay App
Debit or credit card payments can be made via the allpay App available Apple and Andriod smartphones.

Mobile Phone
Register online at to pay by debit or credit card using your mobile phone
If your rent card is lost or stolen please call us on 0151 734 4933 and we will arrange to send a replacement.

Rent arrears action

Our policy is to make early contact and encourage tenants to make sure their rent is being paid so that formal action is not required.

If action needs to be taken, Steve Biko Housing Association will ensure that it is taken as early as possible. Before formal action is taken visits are made so that the Association has the opportunity to assist tenants with any problems or make an agreement to clear the debt and explain the implications if the agreement is not kept.

Number of Weeks Owed Monitoring Required
1-2 weeks Stage 1 letter or personal contact
3-4 weeks Appointment Letter
5-6 weeks Threat of Notice Letter
6-8 weeks Notice of Seeking Possession served
8-10 weeks Letter warning of Court Action if no agreement is made
10-12 weeks Court application made with appointment to see Client Service Officer

Court action and Eviction

Steve Biko Housing Association views court action and eviction as a last resort. This action will only be taken if all other options have been exhausted and the tenant fails to maintain regular payments.

Where to go for help and advice

AT SBHA we understand that from time to time tenants have difficulty in meeting rent payments. If you are experiencing a difficult period, please contact your housing officer immediately who will work with you to resolve the situation.

You can also see advice and help in respect of welfare benefits including housing benefit from:

  • Mohamoud Hassan – Bi-lingual  Housing & Neighbourhood Services Officer  on 0151 734 4933
  • Liverpool City Council Benefits Maximisation Service – Free help to ensure you claim all that you are entitled to by phoning 0151 233 3000
  • Merseyside Welfare Rights Service – 0151 709 0904
  • Toxteth CAB – Drop in Service (Mon/Wed/Frid am) 15 High Park Street Liverpool 8
You can also seek advice and support from
  • National Debt Line: Call – 0808 808 4000 or Click Here
  • Citizens Advice Bureau national advice line: Call – 0844 848 7700 or Click Here
  • Samaritans: Call – 08457 90 90 90 or Click Here
  • Ask Ted: Budgeting, borrowing, benefits, bills and bank accounts- lots of useful practical information: Click Here
  • Google Product Search: Find and compare products from online stores across the web: Click Here
  • Ginger Bread: A leading support organisation for over 1.8 million lone parents and their children throughout England and Wales: Click Here
  • Consumer Credit Counselling Service: Independant advice on debt problems – 0800 138 1111 or Click here
Remember it’s never too late to ask for help.

Changes to Welfare Benefits 2019

The Government is making big changes to benefits that may well leave you out of pocket. We want to help you cope and understand how it might affect you.

The Government's next step is to transfer people from existing benefits to Universal Credit between July 2019 and December 2023. In April 2019 the Universal Credit Work Allowances will increase for people with children or people with limited capability for work.

The leaflet below sets out the change.

Click here for more information on the changes.

Loan Sharks. Don’t Get Bitten

A loan shark is anybody who is lending money without a licence from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). These unlicensed money lenders are working illegally – they are “loan sharks”.

How loan sharks work, They all tend to work in similar ways:

  • They rarely give any paperwork to the people they’ve loaned money to – this makes it very difficult to keep track of how much is owed
  • If payments are missed, they often use threats and violence to get more money.
  • They charge extremely high rates of interest and also add other “charges” to loans whenever they want.
  • They take away people?s bank cards as “security”.

What to do if you have borrowed money from a Loan Shark

If you have borrowed money from someone who doesn’t have a licence, you haven’t broken the law – they have!

You can report them in confidence, by:

  • Calling 0300 555 2222
  • Texting loan shark and the details you want to pass on to 60003
  • Send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Other ways to borrow money

You don’t need to turn to a loan shark for money, there are alternatives to borrowing money. You can use your local Credit Union. If you want to find out where your local Credit Union is in the Liverpool or Merseyside area, click here and just enter your postcode.

Further information on loan sharks and ways to borrow money can be found here

Print Email


Steve Biko Housing Association
3 Yanwath Street
Liverpool L8 0XP
Tel: 0151 734 4933
Fax: 0151 734 3294
Repair line: 0300 123 2030

How to get to us, the following buses will bring you to our office. 86,26,27,76

Office Location

Login Form